Monday, November 30, 2009

evan



Just a little while ago, I had the opportunity to witness Evan Lawson's last undergraduate recital at the VCA (Forest Collective in Recital), The performance encompassed clarinet, singing, piano, using ping pong balls inside a piano!! electronic sort of distortions and impromptu performance.
It was yet another example of Evan's obvious brilliance!! And although, I was not at all involved in the performance, one piece, included the impromptu musical interpretation of three pieces that I had previously developed as covers for a pre-existing piece of Evans, one which was dedicated to me ... sigh.. here is the SINGULAR shot that I was able to capture during the performance- one setback for using a 35mm SLR is that they are rather noisy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment