Sunday, November 22, 2009

350









(I interpreted photography into the performance, and above are some of the finished products. Below are some images taken by my lovely ma, Lesley)



(Below are some of the original concept pieces for the Kinetic series)

On the 24th of October this year, Forest Collective and the Occasional String Quartet came together at the Japanese Sock Gallery in Northcote for an afternoon of performances in order to encourage awareness of climate change, especially through the organization 350.org.
Forest Collective served as the latter half of the afternoon, performing impromptu pieces including the 'The Sound of Images' which included the musical interpretation of three of my dry-point etching, collage, and 'Modern Traffic' during which I contributed a performance involving some of my knitted kinetic pieces.
I pinned the mobiles onto the musicians whilst they interpreted more collage, thereby activating my pieces, through the musicians' movements the pieces were brought to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment