Sunday, June 6, 2010

To be Read


Currently ordered and awaiting these two books, I've recently read Emin's Strangeland, Miranda July's Noone Belongs Here More Than You (thanks my lovely classmate Ellyce for the loan of the latter), I'm slowly going through a collection of essays entitled House Rachel Whiteread *sigh*, struggling through the interesting dryness that is Chadwicks' Women, Art and Society and sneakily Helen Simonson's Major Pettigrew's Last Stand! Hence, why I was just slightly offended when our lecturer's commented on our lack of reading/adaption of the universities "great" resources.
Point being, I've really been struggling to find relevant and contemporary examples of female textile art books, I've borrowed a few on Miriam Schapiro and Judy Chicago -and I KNOW that their work was pivotal to today's and I probably shouldn't bother reading anything else until I have read about them, but I just find the imagery so dated and therefore, not very inclusive, that's why I'm hoping that the two pictured will be sufficient - please let me know if you have any other appropriate examples!!

No comments:

Post a Comment