Friday, May 7, 2010

Under The Sea





So my secondary wearable piece, the shell based neckpiece, ended up being a little chunky and ultimately a little tacky. Not to mention it being barely managable, the idea of someone having to model it without it falling into a thousand pieces was just too impossible, so I decided to make the move to take in into pieces, and suspend it.
Now before you begin to think that I'm a little obsessed with fishing twine, the idea of a series of kinetic installation works has always been my aim for a third of my overall 2010 portfolio, this conjecture just means that I've condensed my workload a little bit, making it all slightly more cohesive.
I'm still working on a wearable piece, but that will be presented in a kind of minature installation manner, and the idea of wearing it is simply that.

No comments:

Post a Comment