Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tim Woodward

Last night a friend and I went and checked out the opening of an exibition at Mailbox 141, in consideration of the title and the fact that I'd never noticed this artist run space before should have triggered some sort of expectation, but no, I was completely pleasantly surprised by what we came across. A small lobby of people and well illuminated antique mailbox housing a series of intimately scaled figurines (as pictured - yep the picture makes it look kind of large huh?)
Anyway as the venue was kind of awkward we simply popped in and out, but it was great, loved the place, the works were insightful and relevant (as I'm using smashed car windows in my installation works this year, and both myself and Woodward have to an extent explored the idea of recreation post catastrophe. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment